Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Shrimp Nacho Bites

After my culinary adventures on New Year's Eve, I think I've come to the conclusion that cooking dinner for 10 people is infinitely less work than preparing hors d'oeuvres for a group.  Each appetizer is its own little meal...and because you have to prepare multiple appetizers, it is tantamount to preparing five or six mini meals.  And because I'm Italian, and Italians (in my family at least) don't know how to cook for less than 20 people, there may have been about 12 different appetizers from which to choose.

I'm a sucker for an appetizer; I just can't help myself.

Part of the challenge for me in preparing multiple dishes is that I'm prone to picking. I have to taste everything. Often. This doesn't make sticking to my Weight Watchers plan easy, but the beautiful thing about New Year's Eve and all of the hors d'oeuvres that I served is that they were (mostly) Weight Watchers approved.  Including this recipe, which comes form one of the semi-annual publications...

So, without further ado...Shrimp Nacho Bites!


Ingredients
1 cup cheddar cheese (reduced fat, shredded)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
1/2 pound medium shrimp (cooked and peeled, then chopped)
32 tortilla chip scoops

(Disclaimer: Since recipes are really just jumping off points for negotiations, I added just a bit extra of everything and wound up with about 35 filled scoops)

 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

2. Combine the first five ingredients in a mixing bowl.


3. Add shrimp. Mix gently with a wooden spoon.


3. Use a teaspoon to to fill each of the tortilla scoops.


4. Place filled scoops on an ungreased baking sheet.

5. Bake the scoops at 450 degrees for about four minutes (or until the cheese melts).
6. Serve immediately...and feel free to garnish the scoops with fresh cilantro!


PointsPlus value: 1 (serving size is one Shrimp Nacho Bite)

These little snacks are delicious, spicy, and creamy...and only one point each!

(Adapted from Weight Watchers Five Ingredient 15 Minute Recipes, published Summer 2011)

1 comment:

  1. This was one of my favorite things you made on New Year's! When are you posting the recipe for the cookies? And the delicious devilish eggs that had no yoke in them? When when when?

    ReplyDelete