Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Grilled Salmon with Mustard and Lemon Herb Crust

Since I work in higher education, July and August is a really busy season. As we get ready for and kick off with a new school year, we spend a lot of time prepping and training our staff members. Which basically means that I didn't spend a whole lot of time cooking. But now that September is here, and life is starting to settle back down, I am glad to be back in the kitchen!

One of my first culinary experimentations has been with some salmon. I prefer salmon over many other kinds of fish because (at least in my opinion) it's the least fishy tasting fish. A good steak of wild salmon is meaty...and that's just the way I like it.

I saw this recipe in a Weight Watchers publication, but I made a few changes. Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 uncooked wild Salmon fillet (I had the skin taken off and chopped the fillets into 2)
2 tbsp honey mustard (My favorite brand is Billy Bee's)
2 tbsp chopped rosemary
2 tbsp dried thyme
2 tbsp lemon pepper-flavored Panko crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste

1. In a small bowl, mix rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Set aside.

2. Spread 1 tbsp of honey mustard on top of each fillet.

3. Sprinkle rosemary and thyme mixture on top of each fillet. Sprinkle about 1 tbsp of the Panko crumbs on each fillet.


4. Place fish on a grill (I used a George Foreman), seasoned side up.  Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes off easily with a fork.

I made a side of whole grain rice and asparagus.  For some reason, I'm really fond of asparagus with salmon. 


Points Plus value: 8 (with a 6 oz. piece of fillet)

No comments:

Post a Comment