Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Chicken with Peach Salsa

Sometimes, I'm really overwhelmed by the number of recipes I have.  Despite the fact that I'm usually very organized, my recipes are all mixed together. There's no rhyme or reason to their storage, especially if those recipes are online.

Recently as I was trying to organize my "bookmarks" on my internet browser, I came across a version of this recipe and decided to give it a shot.  The cool thing about this recipe is that it would probably taste just as good with fish or shrimp.  I chose chicken, because that's what I had on hand.

Ingredients
3/4 lb chicken breast, cut into cube-like pieces
1 cup chopped onion
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (for some extra flavor, I used "fire-roasted" diced tomatoes)
1 can peach halves, chopped, drained
Lime juice
Basil
Salt and pepper
Rice, prepared as directed on package (I used Vigo yellow rice)

1. Chop the onions.  Saute the onions in a pan prepared with cooking spray over medium to high heat.

2. Add the chicken and then cook thoroughly, about 5 to 7  minutes.  

3. Add the diced tomatoes, peaches, lime juice, and basil.  Bring to a rapid boil, and then lower the heat. Use salt and pepper to taste


4. Serve over prepared rice.


Yields 4 servings total
Points Plus value: Approximately 10 points per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment